FreeEthereum (freeethereum.com) preliminary thoughts

Update: This site recently added surveys, which might make reaching the minimum withdrawal in a reasonable amount of time easier. I haven't updated the rest of my preliminary thoughts yet, but assume they apply to people who only plan to roll the faucet and not do surveys.

I am leaning towards not recommending this site due to the high minimum withdrawal of 0.005 Ethereum. I've had bad experiences with faucets in the past that had high minimum withdrawals, and no offerwalls or other ways to earn a lot of cryptocurrency quickly enough to actually reach the minimum withdrawal in a reasonable amount of time. Specifically, most of those faucets shut down long before I ever reached the minimum withdrawal amounts. One of these high minimum withdrawal faucets that I tried in the past demanded a deposit once I finally reached the minimum withdrawal amount before it would (allegedly) pay me, which is a fairly sure sign it was a scam.

Now, obviously, I can't say for sure whether freeethereum.com is legit or a scam or not until I actually reach the minimum withdrawal. However, I'm learning towards not recommending it in either case, because actually reaching the minimum withdrawal would take a lot of time.

These are the current claim rates of the hourly faucet. As you can see in the screenshot below, the current minimum roll amount, as of January 19, 2021, is 0.00000021 Ethereum, and about 99% of the time (assuming the random number generator is fair), you will only get the minimum amount.


So, 0.005 Ethereum divided by 0.00000021 Ethereum per roll equals 23809.52380952381 rolls. Or in other words, you would have to roll the faucet 23,810 times, assuming you get the minimum claim amount each time and the claim rates stay the same, to finally reach the minimum withdrawal.

You can roll the faucet hourly, and you can also get codes from twitter or do shortlinks to get more rolls. Even so, I think it's unreasonable to expect a typical faucet user, even a relatively dedicated one, to manage more than 8 rolls a day on average. 23,810 rolls divided by 8 rolls per day equals 2976 and a quarter days. Meaning, at that rate, with no referrals, it would take over 8 years to finally reach the minimum claim amount, which is plenty of time for the faucet to go out of business.

If you are adventurous enough to still want to try this faucet even after reading these warnings, and help me reach the minimum withdrawal amount faster so I can confirm whether this site actually pays or not, at least for people who do reach 0.005 Ethereum, my referral link is:

https://freeethereum.com/?ref=121205

The site says I'll get a 50% referral commission.

See also

For ways to earn cryptocurrency online that I actually do have payment proofs for, see these reviews and guides by me:

For a VPN with a browser-only option, meaning you can use it for your non-crypto-earning browser or browsers but not for the browser or browsers you use for claiming from faucets and earning cryptocurrency in other ways, see my Windscribe review. Please remember not to use Windscribe in the browser or browsers you use for earning on FreeEthereum or other faucets or crypto-earning websites. Windscribe is a VPN. However, it is useful for other purposes, like keeping your politics private from your ISP.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please feel free to email gemtrekcoin [at] gmail [dot] com


Affiliate Disclosure: I receive referral commissions if you use my referral link, which appears multiple times on this page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open letter to Coinpot regarding non-payment issues

My favorite faucets and websites for earning crypto, gift cards, some websites I am still testing, etc.

Swagbucks preliminary thoughts