FreeBitco.in review and guide

Freebitco.in is a great site for earning bitcoin, or more precisely, satoshi, which are small fractions of a bitcoin. Freebitco.in includes a Wheel of Fortune you can spin for free daily (by clicking on links in your e-mail), a faucet you can roll hourly, and daily compounded interest if you keep more than 30,000 satoshi in your account. Please note that although a substantial portion of Freebitco.in's website involves gambling, I will primarily be reviewing it as a faucet and microwallet, since I am not particularly interested in gambling, other than free spins on the wheel of fortune. If you want to see a payment proof, please scroll to near the bottom of this page.

Freebitco.in's website doesn't state anywhere I can see whether proxies and VPNs are prohibited, but I assume they are. I do suggest using HTTPS Everywhere for security purposes. For further details on how to configure a browser or browser profile to use with Freebitco.in and other faucets and crypto-earning sites, see my guide on the subject.

Affiliate Disclosure: I receive referral commissions if you use my referral link, which appears multiple times on this page.

Wheel of Fortune

Freebitco.in has recently added a Wheel of Fortune, to which you can get free spins by subscribing to promotional emails. You must click on a link within the e-mails, within 48 hours of those emails being sent, in order to get a free spin. You should get these e-mails about once per day, if you are subscribed, so I count this as a daily activity, even though you can make up yesterday's spin today as long as you are still within 48 hours. Anyway, the Wheel of Fortune essentially functions as a sort of daily faucet.

Here's what the offer to claim a free spin looks like in your e-mails:

On my first free spin, I got 50 free lottery tickets. Other rewards I have won on the Wheel of Fortune include 50 reward points, 50 satoshi, 500 satoshi, and 500 reward points. Twice, I even got 5000 satoshi. Note that as of February 23, 2021, the base rewards have changed to 46 satoshi, 46 reward points, and 46 free lottery tickets. The base rewards will probably continue fluctuating based on the price of bitcoin. However, relative to other faucets, I've noticed that rewards on Freebitco.in don't seem to drop as much (in terms of satoshi) as on a lot of other faucets when the price of bitcoin relative to USD rises. I suspect this is because Freebitco.in stores the earnings from their website in actual bitcoin, rather than in USD like many other faucets.


  
 


The Faucet

Freebitco.in offers an hourly faucet where you roll a number between 0 and 10,000 and win a different amount of satoshi (small fractions of a bitcoin) accordingly. Note that you must roll above 9885 to get higher than the minimum reward, so 98.85% of the time you will only get the minimum reward. However, if you were lucky enough to roll a 10,000, you would get $200 worth of bitcoin. Personally, I have never rolled that high. Rolling 9998 or 9999 would get you $20 worth of bitcoin, rolling between 9994 and 9997 would get you $2 worth of bitcoin, and so on. The minimum roll is much less, although various factors may affect your minimum roll. If you avoid the gambling portion of the website, like I do, your minimum roll will gradually decrease over time, although I believe there's a limit to how far it can decrease, and it seems to go up a little sometimes too.

In addition to the satoshi, you will also get reward points and lottery tickets from your faucet rolls. If you would prefer, you can change your settings to get extra reward points instead of the lottery tickets. From time to time, Freebitco.in will run various promotions where you get extra reward points from each roll. Reward points can be converted to satoshi once you save up 100,000 of them, or, alternatively, you can save them up for other things, such as rewards points bonuses on your rolls. The purchasable rewards points bonuses on your rolls are only worth it if you are certain you can make at least 12 rolls in the 24 hour period they are valid for.

If you would like reward points instead of lottery tickets, this is the option you need to check in your settings.


One nice thing about Freebitco.in is the lack of ads on the faucet (except in so far as the faucet is an advertisement for the rest of the website).

And yes, it is possible to receive higher than the minimum roll, as you can see in this screenshot, where I rolled a 9990 and won 852 satoshi. Note that the reason the minimum roll is so low in the following screenshot is because I have a fairly old account, and yet avoid the gambling portion of the website. If it were a new account, the minimum roll would probably be 8 or 9 satoshi rather than 3 satoshi. If I gambled a lot, the minimum roll might even be substantially higher. However, the 8 reward points I got can eventually be converted to 8 satoshi, once I collect 100,000 or more reward points to convert all at once. The 8 reward points were received during a reward points promotion, and I also have lottery tickets from faucet rolls turned off. When there's no reward points promotion, I get 4 reward points per roll, which is effectively an extra 4 satoshi per roll, assuming I patient enough to wait until I can convert them.

Earning interest

If you keep at least 30,000 satoshi (0.0003 Bitcoin) in your Freebitco.in account, you will earn 4.08% annual interest, compounded daily. Although this is not an FDIC-insured bank account, so I don't recommend putting your life savings here, it does make Freebitco.in a nice microwallet to store satoshi that you have earned on other faucets and earning sites.

I currently (as of December 2020) earn 6 satoshi of interest per day, up from 5 satoshi of interest per day previously, thanks to my recent luck on the Wheel of Fortune.



Also, I should probably confess that the reason I tested this is because when I initially started claiming from faucets, I did not know how to use a software wallet on my computer, so instead I experimented with different web wallets. Freebitco.in was one of the ones that didn't prove to be untrustworthy and steal my funds. Please note that I am speaking only of my own personal experience, and it is possible that other people have had bad experiences with Freebitco.in. Using a web wallet, or other wallet where someone besides you manages the cryptography keys, is always a security risk, so again, don't put your life savings here. Invest only what you are willing to risk losing.

For better security, you should use a wallet where you control the keys, whether it's a software wallet, hardware wallet, or a paper wallet. Paper wallets and hardware wallets are generally considered to have the highest security, since software wallets can be vulnerable to malware. On the other hand, if you are only dealing with small amounts of cryptocurrency, it's probably not worth buying a hardware wallet, and paper wallets can be hard to use (and require real life physical security). I do however strongly recommend learning how to use at least a software wallet, of the type where you control the keys, such as Electrum or Jaxx Liberty, sooner rather than later, unless you have specific reason to doubt the security of your own computer.

A note on gambling

I personally don't recommend gambling (aside from free spins) because of the potential to lose your earnings. However, I recognize that some people enjoy gambling, even if they lose. If this is the case, you may enjoy Freebitco.in as a gambling website (if your local laws and religious beliefs permit it). Remember not to put your live savings in Freebitco.in, and never bet more than you are willing to lose. Also, if you gamble a lot, your minimum reward from the faucet will eventually increase.

Fun tokens

Freebitco.in has recently listed their own token, FUN tokens, for sale. Although you can buy them now, the benefits from holding them don't begin until it is at least March 15, and you have been holding them for at least one month. Anyway, once those conditions are met, people who have 2,500 FUN tokens or more can earn premium membership benefits on Freebitco.in. Benefits include more spins on the Wheel of Fortune. Exact benefits vary based on how many FUN tokens you hold, and for how long.

Please note that I am honestly not qualified to advise you on whether to buy FUN tokens. Please consider this a high risk investment. I am simply informing you that the option exists, not advising you one way or the other on whether it is a good idea.

Referrals

If you are good at promoting Freebitco.in to your friends and other people, you can earn a small amount based on their faucet rolls, interest earned, and gambling activities. For example, my referral link is: 

https://freebitco.in/?r=33047446 

and I have included it in my review and guide.

Is Freebitco.in safe for work?

In so far as there doesn't appear to be any p**n on the site, yes. Using Freebitco.in while at work is probably a bad idea for other reasons - you should probably be focused on your job while at work (then again, maybe you spend a lot of time waiting for customers to walk in) - but there are other reasons someone might ask this, like if they sometimes use the computer while their family is around, or if they have very strong religious, moral, or emotional objections to content that is not generally considered safe for work.

Payment proof









A few notes about withdrawing from Freebitco.in:

  • The minimum withdrawal is 0.00030000 btc (30,000 satoshi).
  • Freebitco.in does charge withdrawal fees.
  • Freebitco.in, at least with the security settings I have it configured to use, requires e-mail confirmation to change my receive address. This is part of why I use Protonmail, a fairly secure encrypted e-mail service, as my registration e-mail for most cryptocurrency-earning websites.
  • Based on my admittedly limited understanding of Bitcoin transactions, you should use a new receive address for each and every Bitcoin transaction to your wallet, for reasons of privacy and security. And some people also say it doesn't hurt to use multiple wallets, rather than putting all your satoshi in one wallet. Once I understand the why of this better, I should write a blog post about it.
  • I was actually holding a bunch of satoshi in my Freebitco.in account to earn earn interest, but decided I should withdraw the minimum amount so I could offer a recent payment proof to those of you who read this blog.
  • The wallet software I used in the screenshots above is Electrum. Electrum isn't as secure as a cold wallet (i.e. a paper wallet, hardware wallet, or other wallet not connected to the internet), but it is, at least, more secure than a web wallet. (Unless you're in some situation where you have reason not to trust your own computer more than you trust a web wallet provider, in which case, I feel for you, but your security issues are beyond the scope of this blog post.)

Summary

Freebitco.in is a nice hourly faucet to add to your rotation, along with a free daily roll on a wheel of fortune, and offers a nice microwallet where you can earn interest on your earnings both from Freebitco.in and other faucets and earning sites.

See also

For more ways to earn cryptocurrency online, see these other reviews and guides by me:


For a VPN with a browser-only option, meaning you can use it for your non-crypto-earning browser or browsers but not for the browser or browsers you use for claiming from faucets and earning cryptocurrency in other ways, see my Windscribe review. Please remember not to use Windscribe in the browser or browsers you use for earning on Freebitco.in or other faucets or crypto-earning websites. Windscribe is a VPN. However, it is useful for other purposes, like keeping your politics private from your ISP.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please feel free to email gemtrekcoin [at] gmail [dot] com

Affiliate Disclosure: I receive referral commissions if you use my referral link, which appears multiple times on this page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open letter to Coinpot regarding non-payment issues

My favorite faucets and websites for earning crypto, gift cards, some websites I am still testing, etc.

List of earning websites that I consider to be scams and/or ponzi schemes, or don't recommend for other reasons