Coinpot review and guide, including the Moon faucets, Bit Fun, and Bonus Bitcoin

Coinpot is shut down, and I ceased recommending it due to non-payment of some users even before it shut down, however, there are other faucets on the web that are not shut down and which do seem to be paying. See, for example, these 5:

The rest of this page is left for historical reasons.

Click here to read my open letter to Coinpot regarding non-payment issues.

No longer recommended. Pays some people some of the time, but lacks meaningful customer support and seems to have a really shoddy bot detection system that falsely flags a lot of legitimate users as bots or multi-accounters. They seem to be going out of business, so it's possible they feel they have to refuse to pay some people arbitrarily so they can afford to pay the rest.

Quick list of suggestions for other people also having bad experiences or trying to minimize their risk of having a bad experience.

  • Withdraw to Dash, or another altcoin, but Dash seems to be the most recommended, and make the minimum withdrawal. Some users have had success with this method even after their accounts were suspended, although I personally did not. Update: Last I tried, it's not even possible to withdraw anymore without getting an error message. But feel free to try for yourself in case it's just me.
  • Send e-mails to Coinpot support if your transactions get cancelled. This doesn't seem to work for most people, but a few people on Reddit have reported positive results, eventually. So far, it hasn't worked for me. Update: Last I checked, Coinpot's e-mail box was full. You are free to keep trying in case they actually go through their e-mail, but this suggests that e-mails are very unlikely to make a difference at this point.

I am no longer recommending Coinpot, because although I have had good experiences with Coinpot in the past, recently they've stopped paying. Looking at other people's reviews, it may be that they stop paying different people at different times, so there's not a single date that they stopped paying everyone. I believe the problem may be a really poorly designed bot detection system that falsely flags genuine users who are not bots as bots, but then fails to detect real bots. A piece of data that backs up my theory is one Redditor who said that when he used no bots, he was banned. Annoyed at being banned even though he was a legitimate user, he created a new account and botting on it 24/7. The bot didn't get banned.

djalski: Same thing happened to me. I was loyal, no bots claiming manually and after 2 years I got banned, now f coinpot I created a new account and use a bot 24/7. I withdraw as soon as I can.

In my opinion, any bot detection system that falsely flags a legitimate user as a bot, and then fails to detect an actual bot that is being used 24/7, is broken beyond repair. Since Coinpot apparently doesn't know how to detect actual bots, and has falsely flagged legitimate users as bots, they should just pay everyone, or, if they can't afford to pay everyone, reduce everyone's payment by a flat percentage so the percent of non-payment is spread evenly between everyone at least.

Someone on Reddit commented that it's impossible for bots to get past ReCaptcha. I think this is probably true for the type of bot likely to be designed by a programmer who is not an AI expert, and considering an AI expert would probably have better things to do with his or her time than collect from cryptocurrency faucets, so, in terms of the bots that Coinpot is likely to see, it's probably true that none of them are using ReCaptcha. (Which means I can't be a bot, since on many occasions I used the ReCaptcha rater than the Solvemedia captcha. And this should be provable, since Sovlemedia isn't even available via the HTTPS versions of the Coinpot faucets, which I connected to and claimed from many times.) But I also know that AI technology has progressed way beyond what a typical programmer would be capable of programming, so I read a couple articles about about ReCaptcha and bot detection (see the first one and the second one). (Admittedly, the second article is written by a competitor of ReCaptcha, but I still get the impression that they are offering valid criticism of ReCaptcha.) It turns out, ReCaptcha doesn't really know whether you are a bot or not. Instead, they generate a probability score about whether you are a bot. A score of 0 meaning you are almost certainly a bot, a score of 1 meaning you are almost certainly a real user. And it turns out an advanced bot can get a score of 0.9 (most likely human), whereas a lot of genuine humans will get very low scores. In other words, the score is very very flawed and must be taken with about a mountain worth of salt.

The thing is, if I understand the logic of ReCaptcha, if you get a particularly hard ReCaptcha, it's likely because the system suspects you are a bot. However, solving the ReCaptcha is supposed to prove you aren't a bot, because, after all, the system makes mistakes. Now, it's true that very advanced bots might be able to solve the very hard ReCaptchas anyway. But, the way the faucet works, you solve the captcha, that proves you are human, and so the faucet is supposed to pay you. This is the way I think a lot of users think. If the captcha was poorly designed and let some really advanced bots through, it's not our fault. We did our part to provide evidence we were human. If the evidence wasn't enough, we should have been told at the time of our claim, not later when we try to withdraw our earnings.

Look, this screenshot from the Moon Dash faucet even says, "Please prove that you are human!" when it asks you to solve the captcha. That implies that the proof of humanity requested is that I do the work of solving the captcha. By doing that work, I have done my part, and should be paid as promised for the work of captcha-solving. If it wasn't enough, they should have asked for something else.
 



Here are the screenshots documenting my personal bad experience with Coinpot, including the failed Dash withdrawal attempt that I made after reading on Reddit that some people had successfully withdrawn with small altcoin withdrawals even after their accounts were suspended.





Now that I've had a bad experience with Coinpot, I've spent some time reading Reddit and other sites, and I'm not the only one. A few people are saying that if you withdraw to Dash, Doge, or another altcoin, at the minimum withdrawal amount your chances of withdrawing successfully are higher that if you withdraw to Bitcoin/satoshi, and one Redditor even said that he successfully withdrew after his account was "suspended", proving that they are suspending individual transactions, not accounts. Dash seems to be the most commonly recommended. However, when I tried withdrawing to Dash, at the minimum amount, the transaction was still cancelled, so I guess this doesn't work for everyone.

There are some people who say that they eventually got unsuspended after e-mailing Coinpot (although after significantly longer than 48 hours), but so far I have had no luck sending e-mails to Coinpot. Also, even though some people say they were eventually unsuspended, they also say they never received any e-mail from Coinpot explaining the problem.

Click here to see this thread on Reddit.

cryptoearner: I got suspended for no reason! I know this will fall on deaf ears since I see these post here all the time (And I admit I didn't believe all of them until now). I usually do small withdraws (11,000 satoshis) because I have read horror stories here of people getting suspended for no reason when they try to withdraw more than that. Well it happened to me today. I tried to withdraw around 30,000 satoshis and it got canceled and my account suspended. I have no referrals or other accounts so I don't possibly know how they could think I was cheating. I email their support but we all know that is pointless because they never respond. I'm not mad though I definitely had a good run of 7 months with Coinpot. Most people seem to get suspended way before that. Well I guess this is my farewell post to this subreddit. See ya guys and good luck! sharpshotsteve: Just noticed I was suspended, they didn't inform me and I carried on using the faucets as usual. I've done nothing against their terms and conditions. Sent them an email, if they don't let me have the small amount of coins I have collected, I'll never use them again. It's tedious for such a small amount. This was nothing to do with the withdrawal amount, as it wasn't much over the minimum. I suspect they're either running low on funds or see this as a way to make extra money?

Click here to see this thread on Reddit.
Slinging1977: Suspended Account: My Account was suspended for absolutely no reason, I do not cheat nor do I know how to cheat, I sent them 3 emails and I got zero response, all my loyalties rested to zero percent. what should I do?
Click here to see this thread on Reddit. And kudos to The_DoubleD for figuring out how to withdraw at least some of his funds after his earlier withdrawal was cancelled!
The_DoubleD: I managed to withdraw after account suspension. On July 12th I got suspended when trying to withdraw 10862 satoshi. I am using coinpot for 3 months now and I never broke any rules. Canceled withdrawal attempt: https://i.imgur.com/mzOVnoS.png I DID NOT GET A REFUND FOR THIS WITHDRAWAL ATTEMPT.  After my account got "suspended", I noticed I could continue to use coinpot and ALL the faucets as usual. I did not lose the daily bonus. So I quickly gathered 50 DogeCoins and tried to withdraw again on July 17: https://i.imgur.com/NqwqQaR.png It was a success! My take away from this: They are suspending transactions, not accounts, It's still not clear how they decide that coins were "gathered by cheating", You should withdraw small amounts for safety.

Click here to see this article by another blogger, Total-Quetzalcoatl.

Note: Coinpot is closing soon anyway.



I'm leaving at least parts of my old review for historical reasons, since it may still be helpful to some people. However, I have updated it to add disclaimers that I am no longer recommending Coinpot.

Coinpot, at least in the past, was a microcurrency wallet where you can hold earnings from the following cryptocurrency faucets, as well as make conversions between the various cryptocurrencies offered. Coinpot still exists, but me and a lot of other users have had problems with it lately and I am no longer recommending it.

Together, these faucets used to offer a way to earn a small amount of cryptocurrency online, or perhaps a larger amount if you were very good at it. They may still work for some people.

If you decide to risk using Coinpot, I recommend converting all your cryptocurrency with Dash, because some people have commented that they have better payment experience with Dash (i.e. a great chance of actually being paid and not having the transaction cancelled).

In addition to the issues with Coinpot not paying a number of users any more, some of the faucets can be buggy sometimes.

Registration

Leaving this section for historical reasons. Register at Coinpot at your own risk. You might get paid or you might not.


You will need to register on Coinpot before claiming from these seven faucets, but, assuming you are willing to use my referral links, please return to my blog after registering for Coinpot so you can use them, thanks!

Claiming from the faucets

Leaving this for historical reasons, and because I guess it might be useful for some people who are still having a good experience with Coinpot. But please remember I am no longer recommending Coinpot.

The five Moon faucets, as well as Bit Fun, all use a system where the faucet fills up over time, at first quickly, and then more slowly. So, if you claim very frequently (you can claim as often as every 5 minutes for the Moon faucets), you will earn more in one day, but earn less per minute of your time spent. On the other hand, if you claim less frequently, say only once or twice a day, you were earn less per day, but more per minute of your time spent. However, if you claim less than once a day, you will lose your loyalty bonuses (aka daily bonsues) on the Moon faucets. Bit Fun does not have a loyalty bonus. The loyalty bonuses of the Moon faucets max out at 100% after 100 consecutive days of claiming, but if you miss a day, they reset to 0%. A day resets at midnight UTC time, so you can potentially go longer than 24 hours without losing your loyalty bonuses if, for example, you claim right after midnight UTC one day, and right before midnight UTC the next. However, if you are aiming to build and keep your loyalty bonuses, I recommend claiming as soon after midnight UTC as your schedule allows each day, in case your internet connection is interrupted. (If you only miss one faucet, only that faucet's daily bonus will reset.) The Moon faucets also offer a mystery bonus, which can be anywhere between 0% and 100%, which serves to increase the values of your claims by a random amount each time.

Here are some sample claims, after approximately 12 hours of inactivity, from November 5, 2020. (Note that claim rates may vary over time, based on your country/region, etc.)



Bonus Bitcoin offers you a choice between a flat claim amount, or a random amount. By default, it is set to a random amount, but I think this means a high chance of the minimum claim amount and a very low chance of winning the jackpot. If you set it to a flat claim amount, you will get the average each time (currently 2 satoshi, as of the time I am updating this paragraph -- it was 8 satoshi back in early November). You can claim every 15 minutes. Additionally, at the end of every day, Bonus Bitcoin will calculate 5% of your total earnings from claims over the past 3 days, and give you that. Since you get the bonus at the end of every day (based on UTC time), but it's based on your past 3 days worth of claims, this is like a 15% bonus on all your claims. Here's an example of this bonus being applied to my Coinpot account:

If you would like to always claim the average amount from Bonus Bitcoin, you can find the link to "Change your claim settings" right beneath the claim button.

When claiming from any of these faucets, you have a choice between solving an reCAPTCHA or solving a SolveMedia captcha to prove you are not a bot. I find that reCAPTCHA is very easy if I don't use it much, but starts to penalize frequent users with increasingly difficult captchas. SolveMedia captchas vary in difficulty, but don't seem specifically designed to increase in difficulty the more you use SolveMedia, and if one captcha is too hard, you can ask SolveMedia for another. Feel free to use whichever is easiest for you, including switching between both of them if you prefer.

I have noticed that the Moon faucets are sometimes buggy and fail to give rewards on claiming. This doesn't seem to happen often enough to have a major impact on the overall rewards I earn. Also, the problem doesn't seem to affect Bit Fun or Bonus Bitcoin, so far as I have seen. However, you do want to check that Bit Fun shows a satoshi reward before you claim, as the minimum time between claims is currently less than the time it takes for the faucet to collect 1 satoshi in it. It is usually best to wait until Bit Fun offers you at least 2 satoshi, since this doesn't seem to take much longer than waiting for it to have 1 satoshi.

Converting between the cryptocurrencies

Based on what I have read, you might minimize your chances of having problems with Coinpot if you convert everything to Dash and withdraw to Dash as soon as you reach the minimum withdrawal amount. I will try to add a more up to date screenshot here soon that shows conversion to Dash.

It's possible to convert between all of the currencies offered by the various Coinpot faucets - bitcoin core, dogecoin, litecoin, bitcoin cash, dash. (You can convert Coinpot tokens too, as shown in the next section.) There's no fee for conversion, and exchange rates are likely to fluctuate throughout the day. The conversion feature helps make it worthwhile to claim from all of the Coinpot faucets, not only the ones that offer a cryptocurrency you are interested in.



A bonus: Coinpot tokens

Note: I am now wondering if my attempt to farm Coinpot tokens by doing the achievements may have been what got my account falsely flagged as a bot or something. I am leaving this section for historical reasons so you can know what not to do.

Again, this is what I did when I didn't know better. Don't farm achievements.
Coinpot also offers 3 coinpot tokens for each claim you make, as well as additional Coinpot tokens for people to complete challenges, such as making 100 claims in one day or 1000 claims in one month. If you hoard a lot of coinpot tokens in your account, you can earn interest on them and eventually earn more than 3 coinpot tokens for each of your faucet claims. Coinpot tokens can be converted into satoshi, doge, litoshi, bitcoin cash, or dash. Coinpot tokens basically offer a small extra reward for your faucet claims, especially for people who like to claim more rather than less frequently.

This screenshot, taken on November 14th, shows why some people who have the time might wish to farm Coinpot tokens. Conversion rates vary over time, but as of the time I took this screenshot, 38935 Coinpot tokens were worth 0.00023614 bitcoin, which, as of November 14th 2020, was worth $3.82 USD.




For example, here's a screenshot showing a time I earned completed 502 claims in one day, earning a total of 1000 coinpot tokens from completing the challenges (100+200+300+400=1000), in addition to the 3 tokens each I earned from each of the claims (502*3=1506), for a total of 2506 coinpot tokens in one day, in addition to the cryptocurrencies I earned from the faucets themselves. The screenshot also shows my progress on monthly and all time challenges for making claims. Since the 2506 does not include a monthly challenge I completed that day, it would have actually been 2706 coinpot tokens in one day.



Another screenshot from a time I only managed 200 faucet claims in one day:



In November, I completed the 5,000 claims in one month challenge.



Referrals

I am leaving this section for historical reasons only. It is possible that referring other people, even though I spent quite a bit on advertising via Mellow Ads, Cointiply, and Qashbits, somehow got my account falsely flagged as being a multi-accounter. Obviously, you can't get referral commissions if your account is suspended and you aren't paid at all because Coinpot can't tell the difference between a genuine referral and a multi-accounter.

All of the Coinpot faucets offer commissions for any referrals you make, and the five Moon faucets additionally offer a referral bonus on your own claims based on the number of active referrals you have. Moon Bitcoin gives you a 50% commission on your referrals' claims, as well as a 1% bonus on your own claims per active referral (maxing out at 100%).  Moon Dodgecoin, Moon Litecoin, Moon Cash, and Moon Dash offer a 25% commission on your referral's claims, as well as a 1% bonus on your own claims per active referral (maxing out at 100%). Bit Fun and Bonus Bitcoin offer a 50% commission on your referral's claims, but no referral bonus to your own claims. Your referrals still earn 100% of their own claims, so this means the faucet websites have to pay either 125% or 150% of the value of the claims to pay both the referrals and you.

My referral links are:
and I have included them in my review and guide.

If you found this guide helpful enough that you are willing to allow me to refer you, please note that you will need to use each of those referral links separately, if it is your intention to allow me to refer you to all seven of the Coinpot faucets. In any case, whether you choose to allow me to refer you to one of them or all of them, or to some other cryptocurrency-earning website, thank you, I really appreciate it. And even if you don't use any of my referral links for any website, thank you for being part of the cryptocurrency community.

For those of you who are interested in promoting Coinpot and referring people, note that referral commission is on a per-claim basis, and is rounded down, so, for example, 50% of a 1 satoshi claim would be rounded down to 0 satoshi.

Is Coinpots safe for work?

In so far as I haven't seen any p**n on Coinpot or any of its associated faucets, yes. But please remember, even though it is safe for work, I am still not recommending it for the reasons described elsewhere in this review and guide. However, if you click on the ads, it is possible that you might occasionally encounter material that is not safe for work. I do not believe not safe for work ads are intentionally approved, but there is always a chance something could slip through. Using Coinpot and its associated faucets while at work is probably a bad idea for other reasons - you should probably be focused on your job while at work (then again, maybe you spend a lot of time waiting for customers to walk in) - but there are other reasons someone might ask this, like if they sometimes use the computer while their family is around, or if they have very strong religious, moral, or emotional objections to content that is not generally considered safe for work.

Proof of past good experience with Coinpot

Alright, so part of why I recommended Coinpot is because I really did have a good experience with them in the past, and a lot of other people seem to have good experiences with them too. For example, Coinpot still shows up on the Qashbit admin's faucet lists which I assume means he is still having a good experience with Coinpot. However, this past good experience is not current, and I am no longer recommending Coinpot. Anyway, click here to see the below-screenshotted transaction on the blockchain.




See also

For ways to earn cryptocurrency online that I am still recommending, see these other reviews and guides by me:


I have recently received a $5 Amazon gift card from SwagBucks (see my review and guide, which includes info on sign up bonuses, payment proof, as well as earning strategies), but Swagbucks technically awards gift cards rather than cryptocurrency. It may be possible to use the Visa gift cards to buy cryptocurrency, but I haven't tested the Visa gift cards yet.

For a VPN with a browser-only option, meaning you can use it for your non-crypto-earning browser or browsers but not for the browser or browsers you use for claiming from faucets and earning cryptocurrency in other ways, see my Windscribe review. Please remember not to use Windscribe in the browser or browsers you use for earning on Coinpot or other faucets or crypto-earning websites. Windscribe is a VPN. However, it is useful for other purposes, like keeping your politics private from your ISP.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please feel free to email gemtrekcoin [at] gmail [dot] com

Affiliate Disclosure: I receive referral commissions if you use any of my referral links.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open letter to Coinpot regarding non-payment issues

Qashbits review and guide