GetDoge preliminary thoughts

January 24, 2021 Update: Although direct withdrawal did not show up when I initially wrote these preliminary thoughts, it is showing up now. I have updated this blog post accordingly.

GetDoge offers a faucet, PTC ads, shortlinks, offerwalls, and a thing where you can earn just for solving captchas. You earn "bits" on the site, which are an internal currency (not related to bitcoin), and withdraw in Doge to either Faucetpay or a wallet on the blockchain. The exchange rate between bits and Doge seems to vary. This is probably their way of trying to control for fluctuations in the exchange rate between Doge and the dollar.

I was disappointed earlier with GetDoge, because the withdrawal option to my Doge wallet on the blockchain did not show up earlier, and I can't use Faucetpay because I am in the United States. Fortunately, it changed, and I see it now. I do not know if they just recently added direct withdrawal to the blockchain, and that's why it's showing up now, or if it was just bugged for me earlier.

I did have to make 50 faucet claims before any withdrawals showed up. I had entered my Doge wallet address on sign-up and was confused why I didn't see direct withdrawal as an option once I had made my 50 faucet claims. Now that direct withdrawal is showing up, it appears there is a minimum withdrawal, but that's expected for direct-to-blockchain transactions.

Here's my withdrawal option now, as of January 26, 2021. As you can see, I have a ways to go before I reach the minimum withdrawal amount.

This is the message I got on GetDoge when I hit the Withdraw button before making my 50 faucet rolls:

This is the withdrawal option I saw after making 50 faucet claims, but fortunately this is no longer up to date and now direct withdrawal is showing up as an option.


Here's my referral link:

https://getdoge.io/?ref=33364

See also

For more ways to earn cryptocurrency online, see these other reviews and guides by me:

For a VPN with a browser-only option, meaning you can use it for your non-crypto-earning browser or browsers but not for the browser or browsers you use for claiming from faucets and earning cryptocurrency in other ways, see my Windscribe review. Please remember not to use Windscribe in the browser or browsers you use for earning on GetDoge or other faucets or crypto-earning websites. Windscribe is a VPN. However, it is useful for other purposes, like keeping your politics private from your ISP.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please feel free to email gemtrekcoin [at] gmail [dot] com

Affiliate Disclosure: I receive referral commissions if you use my referral link, which appears multiple times on this page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open letter to Coinpot regarding non-payment issues

Qashbits preliminary thoughts

My favorite faucets and websites for earning crypto, gift cards, some websites I am still testing, etc.